James turned eight this month. Eight. I can’t believe he has been in our lives for eight years. It seems just like yesterday he was a chubby baby giving me slobbery kisses. Now he is a giant kid who stands up to my chin and still gives me slobbery kisses. And thank goodness for those kisses. We have already moved to the “don’t hold my hand in public” phase of growing up, although he still turns around and waves to me every morning (heart melts). I’m not ready to give up on all of the baby/little kid stuff yet.
Still, I know that he is a big kid, with his own opinions and likes and dislikes and just why can’t I pick out his clothes anymore and why does everything he wears have to be some shade of blue, green, gray or black… Sorry about that. My point was, in honor of his birthday month, I decided to share with you his picks for the top eight shows for kids to stream on Netflix (in no particular order):
1. Uncle Grandpa
2. Scooby Doo, Mystery Incorporated
3. Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure (and Holiday and Playhouse)
4. Dawn of the Croods
5. Emperor’s New Groove (this would probably also make David’s top eight list)
6. Magic School Bus (after he made me watch the one about poop I refuse to watch anymore)
7. Phineas and Ferb (warning, you will NOT be able to get the catchy songs out of your head)
8. Courage the Cowardly Dog
Can I just say, his list makes me very happy that we all have our own user accounts, which are super easy to set up and your kids can pick their own avatar.
Looking for shows the whole family can agree on? Check out these Netflix sibling playlists:
Meet in the Middle
Deciding on a genre is the hardest when it comes to watching together. From comedy to action, this playlist includes titles that have a little bit of everything for everyone.
1. King Julien 2. Inspector Gadget 3. Open season
Must Watch TV
Whether long distance or right next door, these days, adult siblings are also bonding over what they’re watching. Difference is you’re no longer fighting over the remote and are instead championing your favorite Netflix title to get your brother or sister hooked on the same shows. Here are a few that are sure to win you some big-time street cred.
1. Master of None 2. The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt 3. The Ranch
What are you streaming this month?