My mom got married this past weekend. For the last month and a half, since she got engaged, we have been doing wedding, wedding, wedding every weekend. There was a lot to get done in a very short time. I think Cady was the most prepared and ready to jump into the planning of all us thanks to the copious amounts of Say Yes to the Dress and My Fair Wedding episodes she had watched. Not to mention she was excited about the opportunity to put on a pretty dress and have her hair done (she was a junior bridesmaid).
The wedding and reception turned out perfect. My mom was beautiful. Her new husband was handsome. And everyone was happy, which is really the most important thing of all. In the spirit of all things wedding, this month I’m going to share 10 wedding themed movies and TV episodes you can stream on Netflix to get you in the wedding mood whether you know someone getting married or not.
1. Pride and Prejudice – This was a series on BBC based on the book. It follows a family as the mother attempts to marry off her daughters.
2. Love Actually – The movie starts off with a wedding and then follows a group of friends falling in and out of love. It is also a great movie to watch at Christmas.
3. Bones, Booth and Brennan get married – After fighting serial killers and each other, the two main characters of one my favorite shows tied the knot. It was beautiful and touching.
4. Rachel Getting Married – Starring Anne Hathaway, a sister returns home for her sister’s wedding after being in and out of rehab for several years.
5. The Office, Pam and Jim get married – The entire Dunder Mifflin crew travels to Niagra Falls to witness the long-awaited wedding of Jim and Pam.
6. Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner – An award-winning movie that may have been ahead of its time, a young, white woman returns home to introduce her parents to her African American fiance.
7. Grey’s Anatomy, Alex and Izzie’s wedding – This episode really pulled at our heart’s strings. While dying with cancer, Izzie planned Meredith and Derek’s wedding, when Derek discovers a second brain tumor the couple gave the wedding to Alex and Izzie.
9. The Wedding Planner – In this romantic comedy, Jennifer Lopez’s character falls in love with the fiance of her latest client.
10. Friends, all the weddings – No Friends isn’t on Netflix yet, but it is coming to streaming January 1st! This is one of my favorite shows that has ever been on television, and I can’t wait to rewatch all the great wedding (and other) moments: Phoebe marries Mike, Monica and Chandler, Ross and Emily (or not), the one where the girls all get wedding dresses, the show even kicks off with Rachel’s non-wedding to Barry.
What are some of your favorite wedding movies or TV episodes?
This month the Stream Team is all about friends and giving thanks.
Check out these “dynamic duo” shows for little kids:
1. Bob and Larry: VeggieTales in the House (Netflix original!)
2. Bert and Ernie: Sesame Street: Elmo and Friends
3. Bo and Dezzy: Bo on the Go!
4. Justin and Olive: Justin Time
5. Tod and Copper: The Fox and the Hound 2
6. Clifford and Elizabeth: Clifford
And for big kids:
1. Phineas and Ferb
2. Shaggy and Scooby: Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
3. Vada and Thomas: My Girl
4. Martin and Chris: Wild Kratts
5. Finn and Jake: Adventure Time
6. Mario and Luigi: The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!
7. Charlotte and Wilbur: Charlotte’s Web
And for mom and dad:
1. Rory and Lorelai: Gilmore Girls
2. Schmidt and Nick: New Girl
3. Ted and Barney: How I Met Your Mother
4. Liz and Jack: 30 Rock
5. Walter and Jesse: Breaking Bad
6. Mulder and Scully: The X-Files
7. Wayne and Garth: Wayne’s World
What are your favorite buddy movies?