As a working mom, dinner is my witching hour. I’m just getting home. The kids are just getting home. David is just getting home. And EVERYONE is hungry and wants dinner on the table fast. Some nights are good. I prepared the night before or have something planned. Other nights are not. For those nights I need something on hand that can be made in a flash, will taste good, and my kids will eat. This is why I always have at least one can of Wolf® Brand Chili in my pantry at all times.
Here are three easy dinner ideas that can make in a flash with Wolf® Brand Chili:
1. Chili Dogs – I love a good chili dog with mustard and cheese. So delicious and ready in less than 10 minutes.
2. Frito Pie – I don’t know if you ate these growing up, but I did, and I love them. You can use any brand of corn chips of course, but this is always what we called them. I remember once when I was pregnant with Cady I was craving a Frito pie so bad. I was also suffering with horrible heartburn during that pregnancy. David tried to get me not to eat it, but I sent him to the store and made him buy the ingredients for me anyway. It was worth every belch.
3. Cornbread Chili Casserole – This photo does not do this justice. My kids and David LOVE this and it is so easy.
Recipe adapted from the Wolf® Brand Chili website.
2 packets of cornbread mix
1/4 – 1/2 cup of milk
1/2 cup of sour cream
1 can of corn with peppers, drained
1 can Wolf® Brand Chili
Shredded Cheddar cheese
1. In a bowl, mix together the cornbread mix, eggs, corn, and sour cream. The mix will be very dry. Add milk a little at a time, stirring between each addition, until everything starts to come together. You don’t want it to be soupy, but you don’t want it to be dry either.
2. Pour that into a 9×9 baking pan sprayed with cooking spray. Spoon chili on top of the cornbread mixture in dollops all over. Top with as much cheese as you like. My family likes a lot.
3. Bake in an oven preheated to 375 for 30 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
I made this last night and James woke up this morning and asked me if I had saved it so he could have it for dinner again. That is what you call a winner.
Wolf® Brand Chili started in Texas, and it is the only thing they make. They are embarking on a mission to find what is bold and flavorful throughout the great state of Texas. You can share your recipes and images with them on their Facebook page.
What is your favorite way to eat chili?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the Wolf® Brand Chili.