I’ve always loved the combination of strawberries. When I found this Strawberry Banana Pie recipe on AllRecipes, I knew it was one I wanted to include in this series.
Unbaked Pie Crust
1/2 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
1/4 cup brown firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon nutmeg
1/4 cup apple juice
3 ripe bananas, sliced
1/4 cup honey (I was out of honey so I substituted corn syrup.)
1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
1/2 cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 and place pie crust in your pie plate.
2. Stir together, or pulse in your food processor, the butter, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Place this in the refrigerator to chill.
3. Place the apple juice, bananas, honey, strawberries, and sugar in a saucepan and put over medium low heat. Stir together and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Pour the strawberry banana mixture into your unbaked pie shell. Top with the brown sugar flour mixture, spreading out.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until the pie is set and the crust is golden brown.
This recipe does not make a beautiful pie, but it does make a very tasty pie. Slice or spoon into bowls and top with ice cream for a yummy treat.
These posts were not sponsored, but all pies were baked in my LG double wall oven, which I was provided as a member of the LG VIP Blogger Team.