How many of us have used Netflix streaming to keep our kids entertained while we try to get things done around the house? Or for family movie night? Or for a million other things that involve our kids and families? Well, Netflix streaming is for adults too. Maybe it is time for you to “have a really bad headache” and sneak off to your favorite place and binge one of your favorite shows. Don’t have one? Here is a list of 10 shows adults will love to watch over and over to get you started.
1. Orange is the New Black – The series we’ve been waiting for has returned. I know some of my friends have already binged the whole season (I haven’t watched it yet) and I’m starting to see spoilers for it on Facebook (that I’ve managed to avoid). Go ahead and watch it now before someone ruins it for you.
3. Marco Polo – I watched the first season of this and thought it was fantastic. I was beginning to doubt that there was a second season, but it just became available. The storytelling is amazing. Warning, if this show were a movie it would be rated NC-17. It is savage (violent is not a strong enough word) and there are explicit sex scenes.
4. Aquarius – I have not watched this yet but it is next up on my to watch list. It is a gritty crime drama about the LAPD detective Sam Hodiak “who must deal with gangs, brutal crimes, changing times, family crises and unhinged manipulative small-time crook Charles Manson, who’s slowly building his cult.”
5. Girl with the Dragon Tattoo – I read the books. I watched the American version. I was not all that impressed. Then I watched the original Norwegian series. W-O-W!!!! It is subtitled, but it is also so good that it makes it worth it.
6. Narcos – This series is a “chronicled look at the criminal exploits of Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar.” I have not watched this yet, but all of my friends were raving about it when it premiered. I’m not sure why I haven’t watched it yet, stubborness?
7. Salem – From WGN, “Set in the volatile world of 17th century Massachusetts, ‘Salem’ explores what really fueled the town’s infamous witch trials and dares to uncover the dark, supernatural truth hiding behind the veil of this infamous period in American history. In Salem, witches are real, but they are not who or what they seem.” This show has very high ratings on Netflix. I will admit that I started watching it and there were parts that I really liked, but other parts I couldn’t get into. I think I may try it again.
8. Peaky Blinders – I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this show. My brother turned me on to it. It is insanely violent, but has a twisty story line that will leave you wondering what just happened when your feet are knocked out from under you. It is a MUST watch if you’ve never seen it.
9. Sons of Anarchy – A motorcycle gang in California runs guns and attempts to keep the peace in their hometown. Bad guys never looked so good.
10. Ripper Street – A crime series that occurs in Whitechapel shortly after the Jack the Ripper cases. It is suspenseful and gritty and occasionally violent. I loved it. If you liked Peaky Blinders, then you will like this too.
Where is your favorite place to catch a “sneak peak” of Netflix streaming?